When I discuss the concept of flourishing with people, one of the first questions that comes up is often “What is flourishing?”
This video offers a great example of a man who, at eighty years of age, is flourishing.
Some facts about Deshun Wang:
- At the age of 24 he was a theatrical actor.
- At 44 he started to learn the English language.
- At age 49 he created his own pantomime troupe and left for Beijing.
- In Beijing he lost everything and became a “Beijing Drifter”.
- At 50 Deshun stepped into his first gym and began working out.
- At 57 he returned to the stage.
- At 70 he stepped-up his workouts.
- At 79 he walked the “cat walk” as a model.
Deshun’s story is motivating to me. I’m interested in your thoughts, if you wish to add them in the comments below.